[nagdu] private guide training

Toni Whaley blind_treasurer at verizon.net
Wed May 30 00:37:23 UTC 2012

Jessica,

The school's official line is that new applicants must go through
26 days of training even though the individual has had dogs from
another program.  I was in that position.  I had had several dogs
from school A and for reasons which had nothing to do directly
with school A decided to get ny current dog from another school.
The instructor who evaluated me as well as the admission
department told me I would have to go through the 26-day
training.  However, once the instructor could observe me actually
working with a the new dog, I was told I'd be going home after
the 21-day perien.  Of course, I can't guarantee this would
happen to you.  I'm just providing you with more information to
think about.

Toni

Toni