[nagdu] My first NFB convention with 101 dogs

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed May 30 13:05:35 UTC 2012

Hi Debbie.
Enjoy your first convention!  It's quite an experience!
I've been to convention with a few different dogs.  The dog is usually
real excited when we first arrive, but, if I let her know that I expect
the same focus at convention as I do at home, which usually involves a few
corrections or scoldings, then the dog settles down and gets back to
business.
Convention can be quite a 3-ring circus, and it's important to stay calm
and not get stressed, for both your sake and your dog's.
Also, I've found that the dog may need to relieve more often than usual,
so I try to take the dog out at every opportunity.
HTH.
Tracy