[nagdu] still around/accident

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 6 21:27:24 UTC 2012

Hi, all,
Just wanted to let everyone know I'm still around, recovering from a bus accident that happened over the weekend in the Westminister area at 60th and federal Boulevard.
My husband Dale, Odie and I caught up with our friends Natalie, her guide dog Liam, mike and Fred to go enjoy some commedy at Whits End Commedy Club off of 92nd and Harlan Street.
I happened to be using my power wheelchair due to continuous weather change I was hurting all over again.
While on the route31 bus at 60th and federal Boulevard, a jeep cut off the bus driver, causing him to slam on the brakes hard, lay on his horn and he suddenly had to swurve hard to avoid hitting the jeep.
My wheelchair was fish-tailed sideways, but thankfully, it didn't tip over.
Although it jumped getting stuck on one of the securment pieces, it still bounced back on all six wheels and my safety seat belt locked up really good.
An elderly lady next to me who happened to be sitting on the seat across was thrown completely to the floor and her walker tipped over.
She wound up colliding with my wheelchair, hurting her shoulder.
It just so happened that it was good she landed against my chair and not anywhere else as she could have been hurt off more seriously.
Westminister Fire Department and Paramedics came to check all of us out and helped the other lady up off the floor upon assisting me getting my wheelchair unstuck and resituated.
Since neither of us felt the need to go get seen at the hospital, they cleared the scene and left.
The street supervisor showed up and told the bus driver to go ahead finish dropping the rest of us off and go right on home to take the evening off.
There was already another bus on route taking his place.
Later on that night, I was in so much more pain than I thought, I started bawling.
Dale immediately called the fire department and paramedics to get me straight to the hospital.
Dale and Odie went with me to the hospital where I was X-rayed.
no fractures or broken bones were found.
However, the emergency room doctor recommended I work on staying at bed restfor the rest of this week.
Odie and Liam weren't hurt.
Both boys showed their rizilliance and worked beautifully.
As for my power wheelchair, it did go through some damage and it's completely knocked off ballance.
Thankfully, it is going to be dealt with tomorrow.
I'm not sure if it will have to go into the United Seating Mobility repair  shop, but if so, they'll have a loner one for me at hand.
Since the accident, I now have to endure more spasms than before, but life goes on.
I'm still a strong, fighting survivor and when the right time comes for me to get a new guide dog, I will do so.
Since I must be on bed rest, this means now bowling for me this weekend either.
After I'm healed, I'll be happy to be back doing it again.
Well, enough of my ramblings.
Hope everyone including four-legged furry working partners and humans or pets have a great day.
Feel free to respond privately to me off list at:
orleans24 at comcast.net
if you like rather than back on list.
Bibi, husband Dale and son Odie
the happy spirited bounty labrawolf