[nagdu] Note from the moderator Re: my day from yesterday

Brenda bjnite at windstream.net
Sat Nov 10 21:55:32 UTC 2012

Thank you Lynn - so well said.

As a person with lifelong partial sight that is now dwindling, I have
dealt with the issues you present and it is not easy.  Had it happen
when I went for some mobility training too, and I imagine some people
with low vision are not even considered in need of mobility training.  I
need continued reinforcement in the form of emails like yours.  This is
relevant to this list as I dread dealing with the second guessing when
it becomes time for me to apply for a guide dog.  I need to be reminded
that it is okay.  Also, I liked your description of looking around while
using a guide and using remaining vision in conjunction with a guide dog
instead of denying that remaining vision.

Well said and thank you.
Brenda