[nagdu] stress, how much is too much?

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Mon Nov 12 19:26:18 UTC 2012

Thanks!  Those are reactions to stress that I wouldn't have thought of.
It makes sense though.  I like to go to bed early when I've had a rough day.

I think it's important, especially for the new handlers, to recognize
stress/anxiety at it's first signs.  then the situation can be managed
or extra encouragement provided to the dog before the problem escalates
into a huge ordeal.  I think knowing when your dog has had enough and
what to do about it is very important stuff.
Do the schools provide a seminar or something on noticing stress signals
from you dog?  What about how to calm a stressed dog?

Julie