[nagdu] Tami's back! was stress, how much is too much?

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Thu Nov 15 20:58:52 UTC 2012

Thanks, Sheila! I'm glad to hear you two are still enjoying your lovely
goldens and that they're settling down at the ripe old age of 3. /lol/
Mitzi is 6 now, and downright settled. For her... She can still run that
puppy into the ground and be ready to head off to town at poodle speed!

We're in eastern Oregon now, the Big City of La Grande. Population
12,000, in a county of around 30,000. So quite the bustling metropolis.
/lol/ It's a nice town, though, in beautiful country. Middle of nowhere,
but they have the internet now, so that helps. /lol/ I'm just happy to
be away from that deadly road in Aloha that made it unsafe to go
anywhere on foot, so Mitzi and I are learning the routes and getting
back in the swing of getting out and going! To where, we don't know, but
we can go there! /lol/

Since DD is retired and I'm still messing around with the notion of
getting back to freelance something instead of seeking a good Career
Job, small town life seems less of a bummer than it did when I was
younger and went to seek my fortune in the real Big City. Dad, now 92,
really wants to live out the rest of his life here, and we can be close
to him for when he needs us. Leaping back and forth every time something
came up was a bit much, honestly.

And I do love being back to working my dog, although I need to get used
to the colder weather here. It's drier, which I like better, but my
system isn't used to it. Well, compared to your Montana weather you
would think it is balmy. /lol/ I'm also toying with the decision of
whether to do any significant guide dog training with the pup, who is
nearing 14 months now. She's a doll. A very big, tank like doll, who
could just drag me along with the harness without noticing I was there.
Hm... That will take some managing. We're doing more long leash work
now, so I'll see how tempting she makes the training notion. I'm hooked,
you know! Don't need another guide dog, but... Why not? /lol/

Tami Jarvis