[nagdu] retirement

Hannah Chadwick sparklylicious at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 04:58:20 UTC 2012

Hello all,
I hope everyone is doing well. I haven't been posting or keeping up with
everything recently because this is my first quarter at UC Davis and things
have been pretty crazy. Now that everything is sort of falling in to place,
I wanted to welcome everyone who is new to the list, the people who have
returned, and an update about Princess.
Unfortunately she has not improved much since I last posted about her work.
it has been almost a year, and campus is a pretty busy place. We have a lot
of distractions - all the students, over 20,000 bikes, and the millions of
squirrels that we pass every day - so Princess is not doing so well. I
thought that perhaps being here for over 3 months would help, but it has
not, and she continuously walks me in to objects, wants to run after the
squirrels or students, and seeks attention from everyone who says something
along the lines of, "awww! Cute doggie!".
With all this in mind, I have decided that I will retire her because of all
the stress for her and for me.
I know that it will be a great loss since we've bonded, but I've also had a
lot of time to get used to this idea. I don't know when I will retire her
because Pilot has not been very good about returning my calls, but I do know
that it will happen very soon.
I'm sure many of you have gone through this before, and I just hope that I
won't be too depressed over it.
Once again I hope everyone is doing well with your guides, and happy
Thanksgiving! :)
All the best, Hannah