[nagdu] retirement

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Nov 21 12:56:17 UTC 2012

Hi Hannah.
I'm sorry things didn't work out with Princess, but I'm glad that it
didn't sour you on having a guide dog.  I loved having a dog in college.
Even though I had good cane skills, I felt like I got out more once I had
a dog.  For me, walking with a cane is just walking, while walking with a
dog is fun.  Mostly.
I'm glad you're switching to GDB.  You can get a 2-week class, if you want
that, and you'll get tons of work with distractions, so you'll be ready
for those students and squirrels.  And they can have someone out to help
you practically before you hang up the phone.
Good luck.  Retiring a dog is never easy, but it's the best thing for both
of you.
Tracy