[nagdu] Still food and chewing problems

mary wurtzel marywurtzel at att.net
Mon Nov 26 04:02:43 UTC 2012

Hello,
My dog does this diving thing sometimes walking in and out of
restaurans.  I am trying so hard to correct him.  I use the
buckle-high when I know we could have a problem.  Sometimes food
can appear in more unlikely places, though.
I also have a question about Christmas.  I have felt guilty
because of the people on the list who say their dogs never try to
get thingsing to chew when loose at home.  My dog is still under
my watch.  I am concerned about him getting hold of low-hanging
ornaments on the tree.  It's like having toddlers again.  I used
to babyproof as much as possible so I didn't need to be beaying,
"no" all of the time.
Perhaps people could think about making generalizations which may
make the newbies like me,  feel we are not doing a good  job with
our dogs.
This food issue, and chewing are our big challenges.  Felix is
doing a marvelous job of guiding me.  He is so careful with my
balance challenge, slowing down for cracks or unlevel places,
being so careful that I don't bump in a narrow spot.  I am so
grateful for him and so proud of him.  I will never be able to
pay back the  Guide Dog Foundation for this great independence.
Mary