[nagdu] talking to landlord about guide dogs

Steven Johnson blinddog3 at charter.net
Tue Nov 27 00:09:44 UTC 2012

Ginger, I am glad you were able to respond to this.  In most cases where a
reasonable accommodation is warranted, part of that process if formally
requesting such is necessary in either writing or verbally, but I generally
recommend both.  This includes ADA Title I in reasonable work
accommodations, modifications of policies and practices under Section
504/ADA Title II, the Fair Housing Amendments Act as you have nicely pointed
out, and possibly other disability rights laws.  And in some cases,
requesting a reasonable work accommodation for being able to have our guide
in the workplace is legitimate.

Steve