[nagdu] Fake service dogs provoke resentment, possible rule changes

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Nov 29 14:59:15 UTC 2012

Julie M, I understand what you're saying.  But I think I understand what
the person quoted was saying, too.  A friend of mine with low vision tells
me that people often act as if he's just pretending to be blind, as if
there were so many privileges given to blind guys or something.
I'm OK with being blind, but it can be very annoying.  I'm not bringing my
Benny with me because he's a wonderful companion, which he is.  But I'm
bringing him to help me get where I'm going more quickly and easily, and
to keep me from getting run over by some idiot who's not paying attention.
And, well, I think I would give up having a guide dog, if it meant I could
drive and read print as easily as sighted people can.
Tracy