[nagdu] a little help calming me down please

Lyn Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Fri Nov 30 19:23:42 UTC 2012

Hi Daniel,
Remember, this new dog isn't Scout.  Just relax and start with a new slate.
I don't remember what Scout's problems were but I do remember you talking
about his failure to work properly.  It was obvious that Scout didn't want
to be a guide.

While you are at school, be sure to talk to the trainers or the counsellor -
if they still have one - about your fears.  Talk to your trainer so they can
take special care to get you the right dog that you can learn to trust.  The
fact that you are willing to try again is good.  Work with the dog in the
manner you are trained to at the school and continue that when you come home
with the dog.

Ask any question or concern you have WHILE STILL AT SCHOOL. No question is
stupid and no concern is unfounded.  You feel them - ask.  That way, you can
go home with your new dog feeling confident and ready for the new working
relationship.  Do as the trainer tells you with the dog. He or she knows
that dog better than you do and knows how to work that dog.  Don't get lax
in your obedience routine with that dog.  Do not deviate from what you learn
at school.  the dog needs that continuity to feel comfortable in being with
strangers in a strange place.  You will be the only person the dog knows and
will need that consistancy in its life.

I wish you well.

Lyn and Landon
"Education creates tolerance towards diversity."