[nagdu] names, street and otherwise

Vanessa Lowery vlowery at dhr.state.md.us
Mon Oct 1 13:38:52 UTC 2012

I know a number of handlers who have "street" names for their dogs, and it has made a difference.  I really have not thought of a street name for any of my dogs thus far, but it is something worth considering with the next dog.

Vanessa Lowery, LGSW
Adult and Community Services Division
Adult Services Screening Unit
410-853-3550
VLowery at dhr.state.md.us

>>> Marsha Drenth <marsha.drenth at gmail.com> 9/30/2012 9:44 PM >>>
Daniel,

Yes I will have a street name for this dog. And this is a personal desicion completely, no school says you have to have a street name. My reasoning is that I am a student on a major university campus, so if everyone knew her real name, we could we could be walking down the sidewalk, and someone could walk up and say hi "buddy". if that was truely there name. It could in turn make the dog distracted, and get hurt. Your not using the street name with the dog, but eh public. It would be the same if you were anywhere, its always a possibility to be distracted. I did not do this with my previous guides, but wish I had.

I am not giving out the name of this dog for the reason above, but because here at GDF, the uppy raiser must be notified that their pup is in class and has a match. Believe me I would love to tell you, but I am respecting the fact that this school has uppy raisers and sponsors for my pup.

HTH

Marsha drenth
Sent with my IPhone
http://adventureswith2feet4paws.blogspot.com