[nagdu] Effective Immediately

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Wed Oct 3 10:20:22 UTC 2012

Dear All,
    For several months we have been urging subscribers to be more respectful of others time by avoiding one-line, and personal messages, as well as  posting only messages of substance to the list. Most subscribers have willingly complied with this request while others either did not read it or completely ignored it. Effective immediately, I am authorizing Marsha Drenth, the list moderator, to enforce a five message daily limit for each subscriber. A subscriber  who violates this five message daily limit will receive an on-list warning, as well as one off-list. The off-list warning will be sent with a read receipt the subscriber will be required to accept as well as a request for a direct reply stating that the subscriber understands and is willing to comply with the list rules. Failure to respond to the read receipt or the direct reply can result in the subscriber's removal from the list. The second infraction can result in an immediate removal of the subscriber from the list.
    It is unfortunate that we have the need to impose such strict measures; however, all our previous attempts to control the traffic on the list have failed. We appreciate your understanding as we strive to make the NAGDU discussion list a pleasurable and informative experience for all.

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU)
National Federation of the Blind
813-626-2789
President at NAGDU.ORG
HTTP://WWW.NAGDU.ORG