[nagdu] curious about street names for dogs

Terrie Terlau terrieter at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 01:51:00 UTC 2012

Hi Jenny and all,
I have always had female dogs and have always used the street name Jill. I
don't always use it, but when I have the sense that the person is going to
gush and pet and ooo and be silly, I do. I have had some close calls when I
needed to use my dog's real name, but I usually give commands in a quiet
voice so that people can't really hear the dog's name when I say it. I have
thought that, if I were asked, I would say that the dog had a different work
name.
I have enjoyed this thread.
Terrie