[nagdu] Having a bit of trouble convincing my dog to reverse course

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Oct 3 14:19:06 UTC 2012

I've taught Ben the command "turn around", just by saying it and doing it.
 We use it all the time when we enter an elevator and turn around.
Benny has no problem when I need to turn around and reverse course.  Guess
he's not surprised when I forget something and have to go back.
If he's really poky, and happy chirping doesn't do the trick, I may take
the leash and give him a leash cue, pulling the leash gently but firmly
forward, and giving a firm Hup up..  I only do this in areas I know real
well, though it should be OK to do in an area we've just walked through.
HTH.
Tracy