[nagdu] Loud noises and Guide dogs

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 03:11:54 UTC 2012

Hi Debbie.  As a music major, I attend a lot of concerts and
performances.  Although my dog does not mind the loudness for the most
part, sometimes I make the decision that the noise would be too much.
Also, if the performance is too long, I do not take her.  For example,
I am going to see Les Miserables on Saturday(squeeee!), and that show
is like 3 hours long.  It is also possible that she wouldnt like it
because of the noise.  What kinds of concerts do you go to?  I have
always thought that if I don't know whether or not my dog would really
be comfortable, I don't take her.  For example, I know she is
comfortable sleeping through an hour-long recital, but she might not
do as well at a 3-hour musical.

I'll add here for fun that my dog slept through all of Wicked, except
for the end of Defying Gravity.  Lol

--
Julie McG
 Lindbergh High School class of 2009, National Federation of the Blind

life."
John 3:16