[nagdu] Question from anyone who works and has a guide dog

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Fri Oct 19 21:57:42 UTC 2012

Exercise is always a good thing.  Do you have a place like a hallway or
something where you could throw a toy for her to fetch?  A long walk is
also a good idea so she is tired and will settle more easily.  Are you
working her on the days you don't go to this training?  Guide dogs need
consistent work on a nearly daily basis.  They won't forget the
commands, but they will get bored, restless and start finding other
creative ways to use their intelligence.  I'd also start practicing long
down stays at home before you go back to this training.

Julie