[nagdu] Attending Training Centers with a Guide

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 21 04:44:42 UTC 2012

Hi, all,
When I went through the Colorado center for the Blind during the age of 19, no, I didn't have a guide dog then.
I'm now having to do some refresher O&M through the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation as I can admit I do need to refresh my cane skills.
When I did DVR before, they did allow me to work with Odie and there wasn't any problems.
My instructor was fine with my choice of working with my guide dog or if I wanted to use my cane, but did recommend continue to working with Odie as we were starting to bond.
The instructor I had was Jadwiga Brown who always saw high potential with Odie and felt I was given a great guide the third time around.
Yes, this is a dificult topic, but a great discussion.
Bibi