[nagdu] I'm done

Lyn Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Sat Sep 8 20:28:16 UTC 2012

Hey Jenny,
You are entitled to your opinions and if we agree or not, that's our
problem. People shouldn't be rude and it is hard sometimes with the medium
of e-mail.

No school is infallible - nobody is.  Even Seeing Eye has changed training
practices over its 82 or 83 year long history.  I've seen changes even since
1988 when I first went there.

Don't pay attention to how messeges are sometimes delivered - you have just
as much right to your opinion, period, end of discussion.  Hey, I didn't
completely agree with you on the issue of the padded poker used during
traffic training for the dogs.  And that's OK, we have the right to our take
on things.  And it was too bad that a dog got hit in the eye during its
training.  I, too, have had to resort to some unconventional stuff that I
don't do as a rule.  I did a correction on a dog that was once - and no
longer used - by trainers at GDF whenn I was there in 1973.  the situation
warrented this and I don't use it myself.

I had a friend in college who had this saying that busted me up every time
when she got criticized in a nasty way and she said this to that person.
She would say, "Parden me for living... (short pause) but the graveyard's
full!"  She was so funny the way she said that and I loved that retort.

I think we all need to be very careful in how we respond to people on the
list we may disagree with.  We don't get facial expressions or vocal
tonation and it is very hard.  Good thing we aren't having some of the
political discussions I get into in person with my friends and family! LOL!
Some really good rip roarers!  We do really remain civil but it doesn't
always look that way to people who don't know us! LOL!  But, we are face to
face and benefit from more than stark words typed on a screen.  I've gotten
some posts that seem on the edge of civility but I shrug my shoulders and
respond or delete - depending on the maturity level of the person.  But,
hey, most on the lists are good people who sometimes can go over the top in
their passionate responses to things. (grin!) I think in the past several
years that I've been on my lists, I only could say that one or two were
really nasty people and they were made to leave the lists by the moderators.

Have a good day.  Tonight, wwe're going to a BBQ and bonfire at our beach
with the blind center.  Landon will see his friends.

Oh, my motto is "Question Authority" and "Never follow anyone or anything
blindly - God gave us a brain to use."  People must earn respect for the
right to govern us.

Lyn and Landon