[nagdu] Indoor Behavior - So Confused

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 22:52:06 UTC 2012

Hi Ava.  What a difficult situation.  BTW, I love your dog's name.  It
makes me want hot chocolate!

I think there are some good suggestions here.  I would remove the dog
from the situation sometimes.  Perhaps, put her in your room during
dinner or on tie down somewhere you can keep an eye on her.  I had to
teach my dog early on that we do not begg for food or bother mommmy
during mealtimes.  Also, there are ways to practice food distraction
problems in the house as well as outside.  You say she is well-behaved
while she is working outside, so perhaps all she needs is a little
reminder inside.  Do obedience with her frequently, and incorporate
food distraction into it.  This is what I had to do.  It might be
easier if your family does not help with this.  Also, if she can't
handle freedom in your house, perhaps she should be a little more
restricted, but that's up to you.

Whatever decision you make about your dog's training, remember that it
is yours.  You call the shots, not your family.  It's not their dog.

--
Julie McG
 Lindbergh High School class of 2009, National Federation of the Blind

life."
John 3:16