[nagdu] Indoor Behavior - So Confused

Kelby Carlson kelbycarlson at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 23:24:45 UTC 2012

Speaking as someone a bit younger than you (I'm in college) I
would find this situation utterly intolerable.  Luckily, I
established boundaries immediately with my parents (immediately
being the day Elvis and I came home) and while they don't treat
him exactly the way I do they respect the things I ask of them.
I know advice as simple as "move out" probably isn't helpful, but
if my parents refused to let me travel with them if I brought
Elvis I would be looking for room and board somewhere else
immediately.  Being a new guide dog user myself, I can only
confirm that I think what the others are saying is spot on.
Since I live in a dorm, I don't actually let Elvis off leash
much: only when it's explicitly playtime or he is working or
feeding.  I'm kind of curious if anyone else does this with their
dogs.  Elvis doesn't seem to mind.  (Also, if anyone responds to
this question, please change the thread so we don't have two
topics at once.)

Kelby