[nagdu] crazy hybrid labrador

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 10 05:36:45 UTC 2012

Hi, all,
Yesterday which happened to be Sunday, I was asleep most of the day due to my arthritis.
I was feeling really bad and hurting like crazy.
Throughout the morning, my husband Dale took Odie with him to the grocery store so Odie could get some exercise.
He wore his medical alert orange vest.
Dale checked on me later on to see if I was all right.
Fastforward to the evening...
sometime after 5:00 PM, Odie needed to go to the bathroom.
Dale went to get on some clothes and shoes so he could get him out.
Meanwhile, I decided since the two men were going to go outtside, I was going to go ahead and get some more practicing in with my power chair.
I mentioned it to my husband.
I went ahead to the front door, rolled up close enough so I could slowly get it opened.
After doing so, I put my left foot on the front door so it would stay propped open and I could safely roll out of the apartment.
Dale told Odie that he needed to wait for him.
After I rolled out of the apartment, I let go of the front door so it would shut.
Next thing I knew, I suddenly heard a clatter fo claws and happy panting.
I turned off the power, turned my head and said, "What in in the heck!" which wasn't what really came out of my mouth.
I turned toward Odie and said in shock, "Odie! What are you doing out in the hallway? You were supposed to wait for daddy!"
Crazy hybrid labrador decided to chase after me while I was in my wheelchair.
Needless to say, all ended on a safe note and neither was hurt.
Thankfully, Dale had the leash and collar in his hands and managed to slip the collar over Odie's neck.
If my husband had not of came out of the apartment so quickly, Odie would have gotten on to the elevator with me and continued to follow me outside.
Another good thing is he doesn't go all over the place if not on leash and will stay near us since I really worked on that during his guide dog career.
What else will this crazy hybrid labrador son of ours do next???
Won't know until something else odd happens...
Bibi, husband Dale and son Odie