[nagdu] Question: Introducing little dog to new guide dog.

Nadja Öberg starwalnut at yahoo.fr
Tue Sep 11 20:39:41 UTC 2012

BS"D

Tonia,

My family has a pet dog named Stella who is soon a two-year-old Shetland Sheepdog. I've had a close relationship with her since she was a puppy but when I started my application to become a guide dog owner my mum, twin sister and I decided to phase out me for the dogs' sakes.

In Sweden, we're not allowed to have the main responsibility of a pet dog because it has a negative affect on the guide dog team. I don't know what I can say to help you but I wish you good luck with Belle (very pretty dog it sounds) and your guide.

When we introduced Stella and my guide dog Hera we did it outside. I had Hera in her lead for some minutes when we went inside but both dogs were calm and have been best friends since then. They're jealous on each other when you cuddle with one of them so often you get double love!

Kind regards,
Nadja

Webpage: http://www.nadjaoberg.com