[nagdu] checking in/rain and Odie

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 12 23:27:48 UTC 2012

HI, all,
Just wanted to let everyone know that Odie and I are still around.
We ended up with a rather much faster weather change that what was expected.
When dale took Odie out around 4:00 AM, it started raining and boy, four-legged furry kid wasn't too happy with that.
Can't blame him as I wouldn't want to be outside taking care of business and suddenly be getting wet either.
The rain was really heavy for a while down here and some flooding did happen.
I went to the library later on, just using my cane.
Odie wasn't feeling that great from the weather, so he stayed home to rest.
I couldn't do too much more practice taking my power wheelchair outside either because of the water, so it stayed home in the foyer outside of the living room.
Am glad we did get the much needed rain that we've been wanting though.
I do have some good news to share at least.
I finally did get in contact with my Voc Rehab counselor in the hopes of O&M refresher for my cane skills, next guide dog and being able to get around better in my power chair.
I confess since I've been working with guide dogs for almost twelve and a half years off and on, my cane skills have fallen through the cracks somewhat.
Important thing is i'm glad I still practice them and try to keep up with it for when it is needed.
Hope everybody and their four-legged furry working partners or pet friends are doing well.
Bibi, husband Dale and son Odie