[nagdu] Grooming questions.

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Tue Sep 18 00:00:31 UTC 2012

I do all of my own grooming/bathing.  Belle hates it, Monty likes to be
brushed as in when he sees that I have the brush he will follow me
around until I brush him.  Belle especially hates any brush with metal
bristles.  I abandoned the slicker brush, even the soft one. I use a
thing very similar to a Zoom groom most often.  She tolerates the
Furminator if I keep the session brief.  Lately I've discovered that a
very cheap fine tooth plastic comb works pretty well.  I bought it at
Wal-Mart or a similar place.  There were probably a dozen combs in a bag
of all sorts of shapes and sizes.  It was less than $2.

As for bathing...I used to bathe them a lot more frequently.  Now I kind
of go by smell.  When I notice or a family member mentions it, they get
a bath.  Maybe every 2 to 3 months?  I couldn't say for sure.
Julie