[nagdu] Counting The Costs

Hannah Chadwick sparklylicious at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 00:52:23 UTC 2012

Hello Pauline,
I am also a college student, and I have a standard poodle. She can be pretty
high-maintenance sometimes so I really think that the size of the dog, the
breed, and the food you give them can make a huge difference.
my dog, Princess does not seem to like toys so that is not a cost that I
worry about much. Also, she was not trained with treats and I'm sure that
helps as well. However, Princess gets groomed every six to eight weeks which
costs about $120 if I take her to the place that does a great job. There are
places that can do this for less, maybe around $90 or so.

Like others have said, the flee and heart worm medicine are pretty expensive
as well. Some schools will cover this as well as vet visits, but others only
give you a certain amount per year, and there are also a few that do not
help with vet care so it really all depends on which school you decide to
attend.
Please feel free to email me off list if you have any additional questions.
My email is: hchadwick at ucdavis.edu
All the best, Hannah