[nagdu] cost of a guide dog

Lyn Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Sun Sep 23 20:42:18 UTC 2012

Yes, I get that $50.00 check from California and it is a big help towards my
dog's expenses.

Another thing to do is to try to find a vet and groomer who will give
service dogs a discount.  I take Landon to my area VCA Animal Hospital -
they are a chain all across America.  We use the Hillcrest VCA and they are
very good and they also have an in-house groomer.  My groomer charges
service dogs $15.00 for a bath and nail trims.  I forget what the percentage
of discount I get for the vet.

Also, I use our local franchise of Pet Pantry for Landon's food.  I've fed
my dogs this food and they are very healthy.  It costs me a little over $70
every other month for 50 pounds of food that is delivered and put into my
bin.  Pet Pantry is headquartered in the midwest and they have a website but
forget what the address is.  Google Pet pantry and you should get it.

Lyn and Landon
"Education creates tolerance towards diversity."