[nagdu] To the Owner Trainers On List

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Mon Sep 24 22:13:30 UTC 2012

Cindy,

I think Robert did a really good job of explaining the why.  It's really
a need deep in your soul.  Everyone has something Big in their life.  I
capitalized Big because I mean it as a title not an adjective.  For some
people it is being the first person in their family to graduate college,
or maybe it's to backpack through Europe, or climb a mountain or start a
recycling program in your town.  Whatever your Big thing is, you will
know it.  If you don't accomplish the goal you feel that your life is
missing something.

I do love dogs, dog training, learning and going forth where few have
gone before.  training my own guide was a fairly straightforward choice
for me or as straightforward as a decision that big can be.  That said,
I feel little desire to do it again, at least not for my next dog.  It
doesn't feel right, more like a lot of work than truly something
personally fulfilling.

HTH
Julie