[nagdu] Dogs interacting

marilyn t21114 at optonline.net
Wed Sep 26 12:13:01 UTC 2012

Hi Lynn and Everyone,
Just like people dogs need to interact with each other. They are use to being in packs. I have always allowed my dogs to interact with other dogs. Most of my friends who are guide dog users let there dogs play with Anna. there have been times at my house I have had up to 10 guide dogs visit, puppy's in training and pet dogs.
Lynn that's a shame the people in your blind center don't let the dogs interact and at least meet. At the blind group I go to our dogs lay near each other under the table  and just this past Monday we took pictures of the 4 dogs there and its on Face Book.Everyone does there own thing with the dogs. I agree with you Lynn that a quick meet and greet makes the dog calmer. At my support group at my agency I ask people who come for the first time with guide dogs or service dogs to do a meet and greet with the other dog.
Marilyn and Anna who loves to make new friends