[nagdu] Letters of Introduction

Vanessa Lowery vlowery at dhr.state.md.us
Wed Sep 26 15:03:22 UTC 2012

When I sent in my last letter (keep in mind that I am a retrain), I still added a document wiht more details about my situation.  I included things about the amount of traffic the dog woudl ahve to handle, the fact that I have access to buses, cabs, and the light rail train (also occasionally, the AmTrack or MARC trains in our area).  I talked about the fact that there woudl be one retired dog and two cats in the home.  I emphasized why I would prefer a shepherd this time, but I also provided distant second and third breed choices.  I mentioned that I work in an office setting where there are cubicles.  This can cause possible aggression problems as the dogs want to protect their "caves".  But I stated that I ahve a crate in my cubicle, and the opening of the crate faces away from the cubicle opening, thus cutting down on the problem of the dog becoming territorial.

HTH.

Vanessa Lowery, LGSW
Adult and Community Services Division
Adult Services Screening Unit
410-853-3550
VLowery at dhr.state.md.us

>>> Kody Keplinger <kodytheduff at gmail.com> 9/25/2012 11:59 PM >>>
Hey guys. It's me again.  I'm working on my guide dog applications, and one
wants a "letter of introduction."  I've been sitting here for an hour,
trying to figure out what I should put in this letter (aside from my breed
preference.)  I've written a few beginnings, then worried I was saying too
much or repeating myself from other documents I've turned in.

Has anyone else written such a letter? What did you put in yours? What
things should I emphasize or mention? Also, about how long were your
letters? Any info, really, would help with this.

Thanks!
Kody
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/vlowery%40dhr.state.md.us

This Email message and any attachment may contain information that is proprietary, legally privileged and/or confidential. This Email is intended solely for the use of the person(s) to which it is addressed. If you are not an
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this Email to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this Email is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and permanently delete this Email and any copies.