[nagdu] GDF April Conference Call: Assistance Dogs in the Workplace

Jenine Stanley jeninems at wowway.com
Mon Apr 1 19:54:21 UTC 2013

Please share this message.

Are you looking for job and wondering if having a guide or service dog will
impact your job search?

Have you had difficulty in your workplace because of your guide or service
dog?

The Guide Dog Foundation and America's VetDogs are proud to present another
in our series of Quarterly Conference Calls on Tuesday, April 9 at 7:00pm
EDT.

Elizabeth Simpson, senior consultant with the Job Accommodation Network,
will join us to discuss our rights, responsibilities, and more as we explore
the topic of Assistance Dogs in the Workplace.

.	What laws cover application and hiring processes?
.	What should you disclose during interviews?
.	How can you request and handle accommodations related to your
assistance dog?
.	What can you do if you are having difficulty in your workplace based
on your assistance dog's presence?

Find out on April 9, 7:00 p.m. EDT. Anyone who is partnered with or
considering a guide or service dog, their friends, family, and employers are
welcome!

Dial-in number:  1-218-936-4700
Participant Access Code:  81316

Please do not call prior to the stated call in time, on April 9, 7:00 p.m.
Eastern Daylight Time.

No live questions will be taken during the call. You can send your questions
in advance to Jenine Stanley, jenine at guidedog.org and they will be
addressed.

A recording of the call will be available for download approximately 1 week
after the call.

Live captioning will also be available during the call. For more information
about live captioning, contact Shannon Dyre at solsticesinger at gmail.com.

Please contact Jenine Stanley, jenine at guidedog.org, if you have any
questions.

Jenine Stanley