[nagdu] Mistakes?

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Sun Apr 7 13:56:04 UTC 2013

Sure, there were two things.  First I was seated at the head table, which
was near a wall and there were flag poles or planters in the space as well.
So when I tried to move out of that space Monty refused because it was too
narrow.  The people scooted their chairs in and then proceeded to tell me I
could get through.  I could, but Monty and I still could not fit through
together.  So he refused again.  Everyone thought he was being dense, but I
knew from his body language that he was indicating to walk single file.   We
got that sorted out.

Then I walked between another set of tables and another wall, but with more
space this time.  However there was no way to go around these tables since
the far end went all the way to a third wall.  I'm not explaining the layout
well.  Anyway it was a dead end.  Monty stopped to show me an exit door
instead of moving all the way into the dead end.  After all it would be the
obvious choice and I had not specifically asked him to find anything.  He
often shows me things he thinks I might want to know or suggests ways he
thinks look like possible routes.   Again everyone thought he was making a
mistake because I had told him forward.  It was really irritating.

At the time I didn't know where I was going was a dead end, but after Monty
suggested the door, I strongly suspected.  Later I asked my husband who
happened to be at this dinner with me, about the particulars of the layout
of the room.  I feel like if I had more time I could have explained why
Monty did what he did in these situations so they would have understood, but
there just wasn't time.

Julie