[nagdu] teaching the public

Lyn Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Sun Apr 7 17:51:28 UTC 2013

Yeah!  They not only "get it" they remember forever!  On some visits to my
family in Ramona during the time my nieces were in high school - I was
living there some of the time - I'd see some of the kids who I spoke to way
back when they were in kindergarten.  They still remembered me coming to
speak to them and they observed good manners around guide dogs due to what
they learned from me then.

One of those kids was a litle boy who obsessed about falling in holes after
I talked about what can happen when someone distracted the dog while I was
out.  I had said something about if the dog wasn't watching where we were
going, I could fall in a little hole in the sidewalk or on the street.  It
was so funny and I wanted to really laugh with that kid but the teacher was
taking his antics as being a class clown and I didn't want to encourage it
by my joining him in laughter although I really wanted to.  He was bringing
the little boy out of me! LOL!  I loved it!

Kids are the most fun to talk to becausse they "get it" and they want to
learn - unlike the idiot adults we run into at times who don't want to
learn.

Lyn and Landon
"Asking who's the man and who's the woman in an LGBT relationship is like
asking which chopstick is the fork" - Unknown