[nagdu] A cane user interested in a dog guide

Deanna Lewis DLewis at clovernook.org
Thu Apr 11 14:44:16 UTC 2013

Welcome Anjelina!
My name is Deanna and I live in Cincinnati, OH with my 5 year old guide dog, Pascal.
I am sure you will get many comments on your question, but I will give you my two cents /smiles/.
I chose the school that I did based on many things, the top reasons I can think of currently are:

1. Length of training, how much time could I take off of work to get my dog.
2. I have seen many successful dogs come from my school, and talked to many handlers about it.
3. My school offers help with veterinary expenses.
4. The school has very good follow up services, if I need someone to come out and work on something with me and Pascal they will send someone. Or if the problem can be resolved over the phone, they support center is great!

If I think of more, I will let you know. Again, welcome to the list!
Deanna and Pascal