[nagdu] First Flight with New Dog

Julie Phillipson jbrew48 at verizon.net
Sat Apr 13 18:02:55 UTC 2013

Cody you can let the airline know that you have a dog but you don't have to.
I always get a seat next to the window but back farther, is more room for
your feet and the dog gets in where a carry on goes.  I usually take the
harness right off and put it over head with my carry on or if there is room
next to the dog I will put it there.  As far as being the first flight well
leave the harness on him if you can.  a couple of my dogs got very nervous
when we landed and tried to run.  I was in the bulk head and he could get up
and do that.  I grabbed his harness just in time.  I always put my hand on
him when we take off and land so I can reassure him.  My current dog just
gets himself settled and that's it I don't hear from him again until its
time to get off.  Some plains have enough room in the bulk head for the dog
and your feet but most that I have been on are very tight.  One time the
plain was so small the lady next to me had to put her legs up against the
wall so the dog had enough room.  On the second leg of that trip it was the
same kind of plain but I got a seat in the second row it was much better for
everyone.
Julie Phillipson