[nagdu] Odie and more

Criminaljusticemajor Extraordinarie orleans24 at comcast.net
Sun Apr 14 04:49:49 UTC 2013

Hi, all,
Sub says it all.
This morning, I wound up missing my bus at 6:40 AM due to being busy making sure my partner's ears were clean.
I'd rather his ears stah clean to avoid infections.
After that, I did one more bathroom stop with him and we decided to do some power walking.
We walked from our apartment complex on up to the 16th Street Mall to Welton where we ended up grabbing the free mall shuttle.
That gave us some time to rest up before the next part of our walk.
We went up to Colfax Avenue and Broadway Street to catch the route16 down to the Colfax and Federal Transfer Station to connect with the route31.
Once we got up to Evans and Federal, Odie and I deboarded the bus and made the rest of our journey to the bowling alley.
My scores were good for the most part at least, but the rest of the day turned into heck.
Another team we were bowling against made things rough: at least one member.
She wouldn't stick around in the area and then when we'd have to call her to let her know it was her turn, she'd get mad, claiming that we got too far ahead of her.
That same individual started pushing buttons, causing one of my team members to get irritated.
I had to put my foot down and tell both of them to stop fighting and that it wasn't exceptable to behave in that manner.
After my team cleanned up, I felt myself falling apart more.
Happily, I had some great friends to support me as they knew I was going to let out one big cry which did happen.
All of this wasn't just because the loss of my husband, but the stress that went on during bowling practice and afterwards.
Before I left the bowling alley, I was given two sympathy cards and one of the cards happened to be from the league with some money.
I will write to the Bowling News list to say thank you to the league for their support and that the little special gift of money is very much appreciated.
That will go to help me continue to take care of Odie and myself.
As for Odie, he felt my sadness and sorrow which caused him to become upset as well.
When we did go out to the grass at the edge of the bowling alley, I let him park and do his business.
His stomach was and still is very irritated.
He had soft stool earlier today and just before we went on a small walk to 7 11, it was much harder to clean up.
Despite that I fed him his supper, his tummy was gurgling more with mixture of gas.
I ended up having to give him some peanutbutter and break a peptal bismal chewable tablet into small pieces upon sticking them inside the peanutbutter.
He did eat that and along with the peptal bismal tablet.
I hope that those will make his tummy feel better.
Odie is now quietly lying beside me on the carpet in the bedroom.
I just put down my hand to touch is nose to see if he was relaxing or sleeping.
He is at more ease now.
I took a long rest earlier today after coming home where as that helped me.
Honestly, Odie and I are both having a hard time, excepting that Dale my husband/his daddy is gone.
It will take time for the two of us, but Odie and I are strong together and I believe that over time, we will move on one step at a time.
Before I go, I have one little brag on my partner.
Since Odie is a medical alert service dog, he doesn't wear a guide dog harness.
He uses a nylong walk harness with a D ring on the back that the leash hooks up to.
I use the retractible one with him as it's easier to feel his body movements.
It's a modernized version of guiding.
While we were at Champa Street along the 16th street Mall,
I suspected there was construction or a large hole in the street.
When I told Odie let's go, he had suddenly stopped and cut me off.
I praised him lots, telling him what a good boy he was and he happily got us away from the hole so we could safely get to the other side.
Tomorrow, Odie and I will get Dale's ashes and I plan to put them in my bedroom close to the computer.
Odie and I will continue to help each other out upon comforting one another during this dificult time.
We're not giving up and will still march on.
Bibi and Odie