[nagdu] Another training update

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 23:51:37 UTC 2013

I have been having to spend extra time with Neechee going passed a truck
that is parked by the side walk every day. The truck makes a lot of loud
noise when the motor is running. Neechee has always balked at this truck
and shies away from it.I have spent time with her sitting on the sidewalk
next to this truck,letting her know that it is not going to hurt her. This
is the same rout that I work Rachel's dog Lady.Lady has never had any
issues with this truck. Well, the time was well spent as today,Neechee
walked by the truck with out any problems.I hugged her and praised her and
gave her a special treat.Some times doing the same thing over and over
again is very boring,but that is how the dogs learn.When training your own
dog to be a guide,repetition is extremely important to remember. It is time
consuming but when the light bulb goes on and you realize that the dog
"gets it", you know that all that time spent on that one thing was very
worth it. Mardi and Shaman and
Neechee,GDIT.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/