[nagdu] Another training update

Ken Ace ken at acenovels.com
Wed Apr 17 11:33:15 UTC 2013

Mardi, thanks for sharing.
Ken & Ace

-----Original Message-----
From: nagdu [mailto:nagdu-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Mardi Hadfield
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:52 PM
To: nagdu at nfbnet.org
Subject: [nagdu] Another training update

I have been having to spend extra time with Neechee going passed a truck
that is parked by the side walk every day. The truck makes a lot of loud
noise when the motor is running. Neechee has always balked at this truck and
shies away from it.I have spent time with her sitting on the sidewalk next
to this truck,letting her know that it is not going to hurt her. This is the
same rout that I work Rachel's dog Lady.Lady has never had any issues with
this truck. Well, the time was well spent as today,Neechee walked by the
truck with out any problems.I hugged her and praised her and gave her a
special treat.Some times doing the same thing over and over again is very
boring,but that is how the dogs learn.When training your own dog to be a
guide,repetition is extremely important to remember. It is time consuming
but when the light bulb goes on and you realize that the dog "gets it", you
know that all that time spent on that one thing was very worth it. Mardi and
Shaman and Neechee,GDIT.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/