[nagdu] thanks for your responses

Daniel daniel.sweeney1 at comcast.net
Sun Apr 21 16:05:52 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Just wanted to thank you for all of your replies to my "life of a guide dog"
post. I feel much better knowing that I am doing about the same as everyone
else.

My girl is a little manipulator, that she is.

I also waned to thank you for your support through my transition, or better
described as an ordeal, with my last little buddy - Scout. I still really
miss that guy, but having Cass has really shown me the difference that
training makes in a dog. Not to be naming names, as all of you know the
story about Scout, but getting Cass from GDB in December with their new 2
week program made me a bit skeptical, but I am so impressed with the work
they put into this dog.

I also had a chance to meet the puppy raisers who raised Cass from the
beginning until she was 13 months. They certainly did a great job with
training her in pre-guide schooling.

I hope to have a long and lasting relationship with my girl, and look
forward to all of the "tweaking" along the way.

Thanks again to all of you.

Daniel and Cass

I can't believe it is going to snow again tomorrow in Denver - enough
already!