[nagdu] thanks for your responses

Lyn Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Sun Apr 21 17:27:23 UTC 2013

Hi Daniel,
So glad that Cass is working out much better than Scout did.  I'm glad you
gave guide dog use another chance!

Things happen and one can get poor dogs and great dogs from ANY school.
Sometimes puppy raisers can sabatage the process by withholding information
from the school and the behaviors don't readily show up when the dog is in
training.  Puppy raisers that do this are very rare - most are very
committed to the process and want the dog to succeed and become a good guide
for someone.  The schools do want the teams to suceed as well - they do put
alot of time and money into it.

Glad you are happy with Cass!

Landon and I have a varied life since I don't work a regular job.  I do my
volunteer job of pet therapy twice a month, go to three craft classes a
week, go to medical appointments, and go to meetings for my political work.
Sometimes, we have no place to go in particular and I do stuff on my
computer.  Landon is very flexible and will hang out and nap or I play with
him wioth his bone.  Once in awhile, I'll take my cane and give Landon a
"doggie walk" where he can just walk along and sniff to his heart's content!
I have no yard to let him play in - well not a yard that I can control what
gets left in there.  We have a fenced in dog play area at my apartment
complex and Landon got sick on something in there so now he doesn't go in
there anymore.  Sometimes he gets to wrestle with his friend, Bernie -
another guide dog - in my apartment or Bernie's place.

WE get out most days - even if it is only to the store.  We walk, ride the
bus or trolley.  Sometimes we ride in a friend's car.  Right now, as I'm
typing this email, Landon is sleeping behind my computer chair with his head
under my bed and his body sticking out! LOL!  He likes to be in the same
room as I am.

Lyn and Landon
"Asking who's the man and who's the woman in an LGBT relationship is like
asking which chopstick is the fork" - Unknown