[nagdu] Bed and Breakfast

Ann Edie annedie at nycap.rr.com
Sun Apr 28 16:14:39 UTC 2013

Hi, Tracy,

If it is in the US and therefore under US law, I think it makes a difference
whether the owner/proprietor lives in the house or elsewhere, and possibly
how many rooms there are for rent.  I once stayed at a Bed and Breakfast
place in Maine.  I did let the owner know that I would be traveling with my
guide dog.  Once I assured her that my dog was very friendly with other
dogs, and that, in any case, he would be kept on leash and under my control
at all times while on the property, the owner had no objection to my
bringing my dog.  The reason she had any reservations was that they did in
fact live in the house where the guests stayed, and they had a female Lab
which had just had pups.  My Bailey got along fine with all the pets, dogs,
puppies, and cats, as well as the moose and other wild animals which we had
fairly close encounters with during our stay, but then, Bailey was the dog
to whom other animals were invisible.

I think the Bed and Breakfast is one of the few cases where I would inform
the owner that I will be traveling with a service animal, because it is more
like staying at a person's home than at a hotel.

Hope it works out fine and that you have a great stay.

Best,
Ann