[nagdu] Fetch training

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Thu Aug 1 00:24:55 UTC 2013

Some people, for various reasons, prefer not to use squeaky toys, but that
is a personal choice.

The food method also does not work for me as food is more interesting than
toys.

I did not have to use the two toy method with Lexia, but I did use with the
family pet.

If your dog is picking up the toy and not coming back, just go do something
else. Your dog will figure out that toys don't throw themselves, and, if he
wants it thrown, he is going to have to bring it to you. I often have the
opposite problem. I call Lexia, and I get not only Lexia but a toy along
with her. Luckily, she does not do this when I pick up her harness.

Nicole and Lexia
Toys, anyone?