[nagdu] Fetch training

Katrin Andberg katrin.andberg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 12:39:27 UTC 2013

Hi Andrew

For knowing if your dog has picked the object up, try using one of the toys
that makes a sound when moved (such as has a jingle bell on it).  And
depending on the formality of the retrieve you wish to teach, and how
accurate you need to be to know when and where the toy is in relation to
your dog picking it up, I'd start the game with your dog on a Flexi
retractable lead.  That way you have some level of std tension on the lead
and can feel through it where your dog is, when he stops, when he drops his
head, when the turns to come back to you, etc. and thereby be better able to
gauge if he has indeed stopped to pick up the toy.

Katrin Andberg

katrin at maplewooddog.com