[nagdu] Pawpower Creations

Z C zlc224 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 17:08:39 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to put the word out that Bob Blackner, of Pawpower Creations,
passed away at the end of May 2013. I ordered a harness from him several
months ago for my girlfriend's guide dog and never received the product. I
tried to get in contact with Bob last month after not hearing from him for
over a month, and never received a response.  After doing some searching, I
managed to get in touch with a relative of his who confirmed that he had
passed away.

If anyone ordered something from Bob via Paypal in the past few months and
did not receive it, these are the steps I took to get my order refunded
despite being beyond their 45 day limit for disputes:

1: Call Paypal at 1-888-22-1161. You will need a one-time pass code from
their site by clicking "Call Us" in the "Contact Paypal" box on their
Customer Support page. You will be greeted by their automated messaging
service. Do not interact with the automated menu. Stay silent on the line
until it transfers you to a live representative.

2: Once transferred and speaking to a representative, explain that you
purchased an order through Pawpower Creations and have been waiting for the
custom order to be finished. Then tell them that you have recently learned
that Bob has passed away. Since Bob made the harnesses himself, there's no
one to take up his work and his phone number and e-mail are no longer
active, which leaves you with no one to get in contact with about a refund.

3: After explaining the situation, you will probably have to ask to speak
to the representative's supervisor, since the representative is unlikely to
refund your money after the 45 day period.

4: You will have to explain the situation again, this time to the
supervisor, and from there, they should take care of the problem and refund
your money. The supervisor I spoke with said he understood that this was an
unusual situation and that all of the information I gave matched the
activity on the account, so he gave me a full refund.

I hope this helps anyone who may have an unfulfilled order from Bob.

-Z