[nagdu] Service Dog Access and Work Vs. Play

L Gwizdak leg1950 at cox.net
Sun Aug 4 21:53:38 UTC 2013

Hi Nicole,
About the guide dogs in places where they may want to play.  Lets do your
example of the sledding trip.  My inclination is that it would NOT be okay
to allow your dog to romp and play on the slope if it was a place not open
to pet dogs.  If you went alone, I'd say you could let the dog ride on the
sled with you and the dog would help you get back up for another run.

Here in San Diego we have "dog beaches" where dogs are allowed to run and
swim off leash.  These venues are usually fenced off and the dogs must stay
within the confines of the dog beach.  If I were to go to the regular beach
where dogs are not allowed, I would keep my dog in harness and working.  I
do not swim but I will walk on the beach with friends.  My friend who does
swim and boggie board will leave her guide at a friend's house or with me
for a "sleepover" at my house with Landon.

Lyn and landon
"Asking who's the man and who's the woman in an LGBT relationship is like
asking which chopstick is the fork" - Unknown