[nagdu] Fwd: [Juno-l] Message from Graham Buck

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Tue Aug 6 13:45:38 UTC 2013

Marsha,

The method I use for food refusal is sort of like this, but instead of all
those corrections, I teach the dog that if he ignores the food on the ground
he can get better things from me.   I don't want my dog to be afraid or
anxious around food.  I want him to look to me for direction and rewards for
his ignoring the stray food.

The method I use is generally referred to as doggie Zen.  Or you get what
you want by ignoring what you want, thus the Zen reference.

HTH
Julie