[nagdu] how to choose toothbrush/toothpaste for dog brushing

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 04:31:11 UTC 2013

Hi,
My golden guy is a big chewer and has three Nylobones, so the chewing
helps remove much of the tarter and such from his teeth. I brush his
teeth about twice a week with a finger brush and peanut-flavored
toothpaste. I squirt a small drop in the center of the finger brush.
Then, I gently hold up his upper lip with my left hand, while I brush
his teeth with the brush on my right index finger. I brush the
outside, tops, and inside of his teeth.
You have to start very slowly with your dog. Only brush the front
teeth or teeth on the side. Do it for a few seconds, then no more.
Allow your dog to get used to it and work slowly so that your dog
enjoys it, rather than putting up a fight and making things difficult.
You can purchase a toothbrush kit, including the peanut-flavored
toothpaste, from Amazon for a low price. Just search Amazon for peanut
flavor toothpaste, and you can check out the options.

--
Raven