[nagdu] Barking

Doug Parisian eggmann at mymts.net
Sat Aug 17 19:52:03 UTC 2013

I actually taught one of my dogs to bark on specific occasions, like when it
is minus 40 and she was outside for a relief session and wanted back in
again.  I'm thinking that, if I go for dog number six, I might even teach
Miss/Mr. dog to single bark when someone touches my working animal without
my consent or knowledge.  I never had inappropriate barking from any of my
five dogs, well, except my first shepherd.  He was truly weird in his
barking, he was never a volley barker otherwise I would have taken control
of the situation.  However, if I visited a friend and stood outside ringing
the doorbell, Brut would give a couple of very large dog barks.  I've never
heard of a dog barking when they can actually see master ringing a doorbell.
Knocking on a friend's door got the same results; damn weird dog!

Doug: they paved paradise, and put up a barking lot (come now, you all knew
that was coming!)