[nagdu] PTSD dogs (was Family Upset After Dog Removed From Eatery)

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sun Aug 25 14:22:21 UTC 2013

I read somewhere, possibly here, that some PTSD service dogs are trained to
lead their person out of a situation that has triggered a stress attack.
For example, if a person had an extreme anxiety attack in a store, the
person could hold onto his dog, close his eyes, and the dog would lead him
safely outside.  I think this is something the GDF vet dogs are trained to
do.  I thought it was pretty cool.
Tracy